Toronto Autism ABA Services are funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services and are free to children and youth with a confirmed Autism Spectrum diagnosis including Autism/Autistic Disorder, Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Specified (PDD-NOS), and Asperger’s Disorder up to their 18th birthday. Treatment services are delivered in partnership with Surrey Place Centre, Kerry’s Place Autism Services, Adventure Place, Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre and The Etobicoke Children’s Centre.
Our goals are to assist children and youth to learn important skills through the use of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) strategies and promote success at home and in the community. Parent involvement in treatment is important to achieving these goals.
Toronto Autism ABA Services Will:
- Help children and youth with ASD develop skills in the areas of:
- Communication: understanding and using language for social purposes
- Social/interpersonal: establishing and maintaining relationships with other people
- Daily living skills: including personal care activities, personal safety etc.
- Emotional/Behaviour regulation: including preparation for group, organizational and self –calming
- Use positive and systematic approaches to teaching practical skills within natural routines, building upon what motivates and interests the child or youth
- Be offered in treatment blocks up to three months in length with weekly sessions lasting two to four hours
- Typically be delivered through group sessions with individual coaching as appropriate
- Provide education to parents/caregivers on how to apply ABA strategies which will help their children learn, maintain and generalize skills