Program: Developmental Services Ontario – Toronto Region (DSO-TR)
Status: Full-time, Contract (1 year contract)
Salary: $29.8110 – $37.7810/hour
Date Posted: February 14, 2018
Closing Date: February 28, 2018
The DSO-TR is seeking a Service Navigator. The DSO-TR is the access to services and supports for families in the Toronto Region. It is one of 9 regions of DSO whose supports are based upon the legislated principles of citizenship, fairness and equity, accessibility and portability, safety and security, accountability and sustainability. The DSO’s will identify those eligible for Developmental Services and supports. It will help to assess a person’s level of need by utilizing standardized measures and will assist families and individuals in understanding the Developmental Service’s system in Toronto and what is available for those individuals.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Intake for DSO including screening for eligibility and consent requirements
- Linking to urgent or crisis response as required
- Community outreach
- Communication and Education including newsletters; website; face to face information provision
- Matching Individuals to available services
- Referrals to appropriate services and supports
- Waitlist support
Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications:
- Completed formal education of an undergraduate degree
- 5 years’ work experience in the field of developmental services with experience in either intake or service navigation
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Regular and consistent attendance at work
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1817-290 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.