Program: Infancy and Early Childhood Program
Status: Contract, Full-time (6 Month Contract)
Salary Range: $33.2212 – $42.1028/hour
Date Posted: March 20, 2017
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
The Infancy and Early Childhood Program at Surrey Place Centre is seeking a Senior Behaviour Therapist. The Sr. Behaviour Therapist provides Applied Behaviour Analytic (ABA) assessment, treatment, consultation, workshops, education and resource support to clients, families, professionals, and organizations, including schools, day-cares, hospitals, and residential programs in both the developmental and the mental health sector with the goal of reducing problem behaviours and enhancing skills.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Education and resource support
- Graduate degree in Psychology, with specific expertise in Behavioural Analysis
- More than 1 year prior related experience and more than 6 months on the job training
- In-depth theoretical, practical knowledge of ABA principles
- Specialized knowledge required for conducting functional assessments
- Demonstrated, broad-based knowledge and experience working with youth with developmental disabilities, including mental health and/or autism, and a consultative model of service delivery
- Knowledge of community-based services and systems
- Experience with assessing mediator abilities/challenges and modifying strategies to meet their needs
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team and in dealing children who have urgent dual diagnosis, mental health or complex needs would also be an asset
- Experience with providing support to schools, families, and residential settings using a mediator model of service delivery would be an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1710-320 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.