Program: Finance and Administration
Status: Full-time, Contract (Contract until March 30, 2018)
Date Posted: February 10, 2017
Closing Date: February 24, 2017
The Finance and Administration Department at Surrey Place Centre is seeking a Junior Financial Analyst. The Junior Financial Analyst plays a critical supporting role in financial management and reporting for Surrey Place Centre’s 60 million dollar annual operating budget. We are looking for a dynamic, proactive and responsive self-starter, who is detail-oriented, solution focused and works collaboratively with various levels within the organization. The ideal candidate will be accountable for supporting the continuous improvement of Surrey Place Centre’s direct payments process for client and family services, annual budgeting process and quarterly financial statement reviews and organizational procurement. This position will report into the Financial Analyst position and work closely with the Finance Manager.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Internal audit of direct client and family payments process
- Coordination of the annual budgeting process, utilizing zero-based budgeting principles
- Refining budgeting tools and reports for management that support the 5 year strategic plan and annual operating plan
- Supporting quarterly and as needed financial reviews with budget holders to identify risks and opportunities and appropriate presentation of options for management decision-making
- Preparation of financial and non-financial reports for senior management to support effective decision-making
- Supporting the Procurement Officer for organization helping ensure effective procurement policies, procedures and documentation to meet regulatory and funder requirements and overall procurement efficacy
- Support to senior management for scenario planning and funding proposals and requests
- Other related duties as assigned
- Recognized accounting designation, or actively working towards a designation
- 1-3 years’ experience, with non-profit experience being viewed as an asset
- Highly Analytical, Strong Problem Solving Ability
- Strong Computer Skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ACCPAC
- Collaborative, Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file #1686-131 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.