Program: Coordinated Service Planning Toronto
Status: Full-time, Management
Date Posted: February 14, 2018
Closing Date: February 28, 2018
Surrey Place Centre provides specialized clinical services that are responsive to individual’s needs and promote health and well-being in the Toronto region.
We help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals.
Surrey Place Centre is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
We currently have a full-time, permanent position as Director, Coordinated Service Planning.
Coordinated Service Planning is a Provincial initiative intended to improve service experiences and outcomes for children and youth with multiple and/or complex special needs and their families through the support of a Service Planning Coordinator. The system of multi-partner agencies that will connect families to the multiple, cross-sectoral services they need as early as possible, and monitor their needs and progress through a coordinated service plan.
Reporting to the Vice President, Developmental Services, the Director assumes responsibility for the day to day operations of the Coordinated Service Planning Program and related intake and clinical services.
- Provides clinical and organizational leadership to the Coordinated Service Planning program including children’s services intake and the provision of coordinated child and family-centered service planning for children and youth with multiple and/or complex needs.
- Fosters professional excellence, team collegiality and program standards.
- Develops and implements specific program and service policies, procedures and methods of operation.
- Provides leadership and direction in the management of Service Planning Coordinators, Intake/Service Coordinators and others as required.
- Collaborates with other programs and divisions in the coordination of shared clinical services to ensure effective and efficient client care.
- Assists in the development and implements clinical program plan, goals and objectives. Implements policies and procedures and standards of performance for program operations.
- Responsible for Human Resource management and Finance functions of the program.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a Health or Science related discipline, e.g., Social Work, Speech Language, Psychology.
- Minimum of 5 years related management experience in a health care or social services environment.
- Registration with appropriate professional association.
- Experience working within a unionized environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1813-000 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.