Location: Section 23 Classroom Fallingdale Public School in Brampton
Status: Full-time, Contract (10 Month Contract for the duration of the School Year, September 2017 to June 2018)
Salary Range: $22.7076 – $27.6273/hour
Date Posted: August 31, 2017
The TRE-ADD Program at Surrey Place Centre is seeking Behaviour Support Workers to provide support in the delivery of individualized ABA treatment to children and youth up to the age of 18 within Section 23 classrooms. Clients receiving service in this program have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and, in some cases, additional Developmental Disorders. These clients exhibit severe behavioural, communication, socialization and learning challenges. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor. Please note that Behaviour Support Workers may on occasion be reassigned across TRE-ADD Section 23 classrooms to support short term clinical needs.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Support in the delivery of intensive, individualized ABA treatment, specifically focusing on behaviour management
- Support clients with adapted daily living, classroom and communication skills
- Support in collecting and tracking data
- Preparing program materials
- A 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate such as Behaviour Science Technology, Child and Youth Worker or equivalent
- 6 months proven experience with children and youth with severe challenging behaviours and knowledge of ASD.
- Experience with dual diagnosis and mental health an asset
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50 lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 1750-643 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.