Program: Adult Program
Status: Full-time, Contract (1 year Contract)
Salary: $35.1564 – $44.5553/hour
Date Posted: February 24, 2017
The Adult Department at Surrey Place Centre is seeking an Audiologist. The Audiologist works as in an interdisciplinary environment to enhance the communication skills and quality of life of adults living with developmental disabilities (with permanent hearing loss, temporary conductive hearing loss, or at a risk for hearing loss), and their families.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct audiological assessment, treatment, referral, education and research
- Carrying out visual reinforcement audiometry, conditioned play audiometry, conventional audiometry, acoustic immittance testing, distortion product otoacoustic emissions testing and hearing aid prescriptions
- Other forms of objective testing, such as auditory brainstem response testing is considered an asset
- Graduate degree in Audiology
- Registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologist of Ontario (CASLPO) as a general certificate member
- More than 1 year prior related experience and more than 6 months on the job training
- ADP authorizer
- Ability to carry out audiological testing used for paediatric and adult populations, and conduct hearing aid adjustments and verification for prescribed hearing aids/devices
- Analytical skills for interpreting audiological test results
- Basic counselling skills in relationships for aural rehabilitation
- Experience with the developmental disabilities and autism spectrum populations
- Demonstrated experience working with adults, and participating on an interdisciplinary team is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file #1708-520 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.